Why join as a NAfME/PCMEA Member?
NAfME Collegiate members have access to over 100 years of NAfME journals online. This is a priceless resource for students completing research for school, as well as active teachers in the profession.
NAfME Collegiate members receive a 25 percent discount on all resources available from NAfME including publications, videos, and other items covering a wide range of music education topics. Shop now for NAfME specialty items and books.
For more information or to place an order, e-mail or contact NAfME Member Services at 800-336-3768.
Attention: Graduating Seniors
Here’s an exclusive benefit for Collegiate members! Graduating Collegiate members can request regular NAfME membership at a special introductory rate (almost half off), when they begin teaching. Click here to learn more.
The NAfME National In-Service Conference offers a four-day schedule of events that includes workshops, performances, lectures, industry exhibits, an employment referral center, and more. NAfME’s divisions hold conferences every other year in various locations determined by the division and the NAfME National Executive Board. State music educators association conferences are held independently of NAfME and usually occur annually. A listing of dates and locations of future conferences is available from NAfME.
By attending in-service conferences, Collegiate members have a place where they may associate with members of the profession and Collegiate members from other schools. The conferences provide a variety of activities for Collegiate members including clinical and formal sessions, special interest workshops, musical performances, and informal receptions. In addition, conferences host exhibits to display an assortment of the latest music materials and equipment available to music teachers that are perhaps not readily available or even familiar to the students.
Advocacy Events and Resources
NAfME provides members with advocacy resources and training online; the Broader Minded initiative; and through collaborative efforts with other organizations who make up the Music Education Policy Roundtable.
PCMEA and NAfME Collegiate Websites
- Click Here to go to the PCMEA Website
- Click Here to go to the NAfME Collegiate Website
- Click Here to see PCMEA Schools by Region
- Collegiate Communique
- Collegiate Communique #19 (12.27.18)
- Collegiate Communique #18 (11.29.18)
- Collegiate Communique #17 (10.25.18)
- Collegiate Communique #16 (09.27.18)
- Collegiate Communique #15 (08.30.18)
- Collegiate Communique #14 (05.31.18)
- Collegiate Communique #13 (04.26.18)
- Collegiate Communique #12 (03.29.18)
- Collegiate Communique #11 (02.22.18)
- Collegiate Communique #10 (01.25.18)
- Collegiate Communique #9 (01.04.18)
- Collegiate Communique #8 (12.01.17)
- Collegiate Communique #7 (11.01.17)
- Collegiate Communique #6 (08.06.17)
- Collegiate Communique #5 (05.11.17)
- Collegiate Communique #4 (04.11.17)
- Collegiate Communique #3 (03.11.17)
- Collegiate Communique #2 (02.11.17)
- Collegiate Communique #1 (01.11.17)
- ELECTION INFORMATION
- So You Want to Be a Music Major…
- Why Teach Music?
PCMEA PowerPoint and Interactive Map
In the PowerPoint below is a listing of all of the Higher Education Schools in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania with PCMEA Chapters. Click on the school banners to find out more information about the school and the music department.