(Updated June 1, 2020)
Welcome to PMEA’s Internet Job Bank. This page contains a listing of jobs of interest to PMEA members. If there is a job in your district, please e-mail an announcement to email@example.com. Be sure to include contact information and deadlines. Allow a couple of days for updates to appear. Be sure to check our Educational Entities Map – Member Login Required! https://www.pmea.net/job-board/pmeas-educational-entities-map/
The Tulpehocken Area SD is seeking a Secondary Instrumental Music Teacher/Band Director – The Tulpehocken Area School District is currently looking for an energetic, passionate, and dynamic instrumental music teacher at the Junior/Senior High School. Must have PA Music K-12 certification. Interested applicants should apply and submit documents through PA-Reap by June 10, 2020.
Halifax Area School District is accepting applications for the supplemental positions of Percussion Advisor ($1500) and Band Front Advisor ($1050) for the upcoming marching band season this Summer/Fall 2020. Duties to include assisting the director in teaching of specific music, marching, and/or color-guard performance techniques in preparation for competitions and half-time shows. Attendance at rehearsals and competitions is required through the entire season. Prior experience with a competitive high school marching band, college marching band and/or drum and bugle corps preferred.
Send letter of interest, resume, Act 34 & Act 151 clearances, and FBI fingerprint check to David R. Hatfield, Ed.D., Superintendent, Halifax Area School District, 3940 Peters Mountain Road, Halifax, PA 17032. All prospective candidates must comply with Act 168-Employment History Review process. Physical exam, signed Act 24 Arrest Conviction Report, and Child Abuse Recognition Training will be required upon employment. Positions remain open until filled. EOE
Northern Lehigh SD
Secondary Vocal Music Teacher
● Middle School and Senior High School
● Permanent Full-time Contracted Position
● Music Certification required
● Must demonstrate superlative teaching and communication skills and have excellent references
● Effective: 2020-2021 School Year
Interested and qualified persons should submit a letter of interest, completed PA standard teaching application, transcripts, credentials, copies of clearances and copy of certification to the Human Resources Department, Administration Office,
1201 Shadow Oaks Lane, Slatington, PA 18080
The School District of Philadelphia is recruiting Music teachers for the 2020-21 school year who share our unwavering commitment to equity as we work to provide an exceptional education to every student. We are looking to hire certified Music educators to provide a robust curriculum that takes students from grade school through high school. We anticipate having over 20 roles open across our elementary, middle, and high schools.
You are pivotal in our mission to ensure that every neighborhood in Philadelphia has a great school, and that every child has access to a quality arts program. In a District as diverse as ours, it is our goal to provide our students with access to and an appreciation for high quality, culturally relevant and responsive arts instruction that promotes creativity, design thinking, and cultural awareness.
In order to be considered for this role, please submit your application by May 30th to our 2020-21 Teacher Talent Pool on our website (http://bit.ly/sdpteacherapp20-21). You must successfully complete our audition and school-level interview process to be hired for a role.
Why Teach Music in Philadelphia?
- Philadelphia supports a thriving music ecosystem in our schools. Students begin with foundational experiences in elementary General Music, continue with Vocal and Instrumental music instruction and ensembles, and explore the digital music world of composition, recording, and production. Read more about our exceptional music programs at https://www.philasd.org/arts/programs/music/ and https://www.philasd.org/arts/programs/instrumental-music/
- Opportunities for growth and development. First year teachers participate in new teacher orientation programs and receive support in the classroom from a dedicated coach to help them reach their full potential—while helping their students do the same. There is also lots of opportunity to lead other teachers and staff in your building through professional development on meeting the needs of diverse learners.
- Curriculum Support! Check out our strategic Arts & Creativity Framework for a better understanding of our district’s support of the arts education: https://www.philasd.org/arts/arts-and-creativity-framework/
What are the requirements?
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Be in one of the following certification categories:
- Valid, active PA Instructional Certification in Music K-12 Education OR
- Valid, active out-of state-certification in Music with the ability to transfer certification to PA; OR
- Be enrolled in PA Intern or Instructional certification program in Music Education. We are able to provide emergency certification or pursue Intern Certification for teachers who have Bachelor’s degrees in Music or a related field and are interested in pursuing a career in teaching. These individuals would enroll in a certification program while they teach.
Other Teaching jobs in Pennsylvania may be found on the PA School Boards Association Web-Site.