(Updated February 20, 2020)
Welcome to PMEA’s Internet Job Bank. This page contains a listing of jobs of interest to PMEA members. If there is a job in your district, please e-mail an announcement to email@example.com. Be sure to include contact information and deadlines. Allow a couple of days for updates to appear. Be sure to check our Educational Entities Map – Member Login Required! http://www.pmea.net/job-board/pmeas-educational-entities-map/
MMI Preparatory School in Freeland, PA is seeking a Music Director for the 2020-2021 school year. See the Music Director Job Description for more information.
Deadline: March 31, 2020.
Halifax Area School District is accepting applications for the supplemental positions of Percussion Advisor ($1500) and Band Front Advisor ($1050) for the upcoming marching band season this Summer/Fall 2020. Duties to include assisting the director in teaching of specific music, marching, and/or color-guard performance techniques in preparation for competitions and half-time shows. Attendance at rehearsals and competitions is required through the entire season. Prior experience with a competitive high school marching band, college marching band and/or drum and bugle corps preferred.
Send letter of interest, resume, Act 34 & Act 151 clearances, and FBI fingerprint check to David R. Hatfield, Ed.D., Superintendent, Halifax Area School District, 3940 Peters Mountain Road, Halifax, PA 17032. All prospective candidates must comply with Act 168-Employment History Review process. Physical exam, signed Act 24 Arrest Conviction Report, and Child Abuse Recognition Training will be required upon employment. Application deadline is Wed., April 8, 2020. EOE
Conewago Valley School District has an immediate, full-time vacancy for an orchestra director at Conewago Valley Intermediate School (grades 4-6). Email letter of interest, resume, PA Standard Application, and letters of recommendation as a single file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blue Mountain SD
BMHS Music/Choral Teacher – long-term substitute position beginning approximately April 24, 2020 – January 4, 2021; Certification in Music Education; email a letter of interest, PA standard application, certification, transcripts, reference letters and clearances to Gail Moyer at email@example.com
East Pennsboro Area SD
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: A certified music teacher, preferably with experience in the direction of marching bands.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Build and maintain a successful marching band and marching band program.
2. Teach marching techniques, including but not limited to: marching, movement, drill, and field techniques.
3. Teach music techniques including but not limited to: balance, blend, timing, intonation, expression, phrasing and technique.
4. Hold and direct a band camp in August to learn the music and field show for the upcoming season.
5. Hold and direct rehearsals—minimum of 4 hours per week (or the equivalent) from September to November.
6. Attend and perform in the stands and on the field for the school’s varsity football team.
7. Attend and perform at selected community and school parades, pep rallies, and the like.
8. Keep accurate attendance records and assessment results.
9. Performance at adjudicated marching band show or festival is highly encouraged but not required.
10. Schedule transportation for marching band shows, football games, and/or competitions through the Director of Athletics & Activities.
11. Schedule facility usage with the Director of Athletics & Activities.
12. Utilize and care for facilities, equipment, and supplies under the guidelines set forth by the Director of Athletics & Activities and Director of Facilities.
13. Relay pertinent information regarding the marching band’s accomplishments to the Director of Athletics & Activities and Communications Specialist.
14. Follow EPASD’s Code of Conduct/guidelines for student discipline, eligibility, and supervision.
15. Work with parent volunteers to build and maintain a successful marching band program.
16. Ensure positive relations with all stakeholders, including the band booster club.
17. Seek approval and schedule all fundraisers through the Director of Athletics & Activities.
Other Duties: Coordinates/attends staff development meetings, clinics/conferences, and other professional activities focused on continued program development. Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Principal, Director of Athletics & Activities, or other appropriate administrator. Supervision Exercised: Marching Band Assistant Director, Band Front Instructor, Band Front Assistant Instructor, Fall Band Percussion Instructor, Fall Band Percussion Assistant Instructor, Winter Band Percussion Instructor, Winter Band Percussion Assistant Instructor, Indoor Guard Instructor, Indoor Guard Assistant Instructor, Band Drill Design Routine Instructor Supervision Received: Director of Athletics & Activities
Apply on https://www.paeducator.net/
Music Program Director at The Woodlands
The Woodlands seeks a Music Program Director, who reports to the Executive Director this position will be building their advisory team, which should consist of the participants we serve and experienced staff to further develop the NFTH program content and design, including funding and development as the program progresses. The Program Director is a new position, created for the specific purpose of growing the program to a regional/national destination and oversees the program, including: service design; strategy and cohort-building; school relationships; research and evaluation; partnerships with arts and educational organizations; contract development and oversight; management of budget, staff, human resources and general operating systems; and compliance with Woodlands policies. The ideal candidate will be an experienced, independent, motivational leader who is passionate about mission driven work, and is excited about empowering individuals with disabilities and our participants to be at the center of the change we’re trying to cultivate through music and the arts.
Deadline to Apply: February 28, 2020
The Blair Concert Chorale (BCC), located in Altoona, PA, is seeking an Artistic Director to serve as conductor for the approximately forty voiced auditioned adult choir. The Artistic Director is responsible for preparing and conducting three concerts throughout the concert season, September through May. The preferred candidate will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in choral conducting, music education or a related degree program. At least three years of experience in choral conducting is also preferred.
Position is part-time and begins June 1, 2020. To apply, send letter of application with curriculum vitae, two references, and a video sample of rehearsal and/or performance (DVD or www.youtube.com or similar link) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to:
BCC Operations Manager, P.O. Box 722, Altoona, PA 16603/ (814) 932-2187
Application deadline is Monday, February 24, 2020.
Solanco School District is currently accepting applications for a middle school music teacher for the 2020-2021 school year. Candidates should apply here.
The School District of Philadelphia is recruiting teachers in all content areas who share our unwavering commitment to equity as we work to provide an exceptional education to every student. For more information, see the Job Posting.
Should anyone have any questions regarding the opportunity, please don’t hesitate to contact Anthony Reynolds, who is the contact for hiring and placement of Music candidates across the district.
Other Teaching jobs in Pennsylvania may be found on the PA School Boards Association Web-Site.