2017-18 PMEA Composition Program Information
PMEA is pleased to once again sponsor a composition program for PMEA members and their students, in conjunction with the 2018 PMEA Annual Conference, April 19 – 21 in Lancaster. The program will be divided into five categories with the winning compositions in each category recognized during the 2018 PMEA conference. The purpose of the composition program is to promote and encourage composers of all ages to create music and to explore the way that sounds are put together in an appropriate way. Many future composers are today’s music students and members and we are striving to encourage everyone to try their hand at composing.
The “window of opportunity” to complete the application and submit your composition has closed at this time. If you have any other questions, direct them to Lori Luurtsema at [email protected].
2017-18 Composition Guidelines and Information
- 2017-2018 Original Composition Contest – Elementary School
- 2017-2018 Original Composition Contest – Middle School
- 2017-2018 Original Composition Contest – High School
- 2017-2018 Original Composition Contest – PCMEA (Collegiate)
- 2017-2018 Original Composition Contest – Adult PMEA Member
We are pleased to announce the 2017 PMEA Annual Composition Contest was another great success. More than 20 entries were received and four compositions were showcased at the 2017 PMEA Annual In-service Conference in Erie.
- 2017 Composition Program Winners
MS Level – “Battle Time” – Angelo Daddona, Whitehall-Coplay MS
- HS Level – “A Call to Courage” – Daniel DiMarino, Owen J. Roberts
- HS Level – “Tarentella” – Robbie Halpner, Upper St. Clair HS
- PMEA Member – “Jazz Clones” – Benjamin Saylor, Indiana Area SD
Questions? Please contact PMEA Composition Program Chair Lori Luurtsema. All members and their students are encouraged to submit compositions.