2017-18 PMEA Composition Program Information
The purpose of the composition program is to promote and encourage composers of all ages to create music and to explore the way that sounds are put together in an appropriate way. Many future composers are today’s music students and members and we are striving to encourage everyone to try their hand at composing.
Information on future composition programs sponsored by PMEA will be forthcoming.
Composition Guidelines and Information
- 2017-2018 Original Composition Contest – Elementary School
- 2017-2018 Original Composition Contest – Middle School
- 2017-2018 Original Composition Contest – High School
- 2017-2018 Original Composition Contest – PCMEA
- 2017-2018 Original Composition Contest – Adult
We are pleased to announce the 2017 PMEA Annual Composition Contest was another great success. More than 20 entries were received and four compositions were showcased at the 2017 PMEA Annual In-service Conference in Erie.
- 2017 Composition Program Winners
MS Level – “Battle Time” – Angelo Daddona, Whitehall-Coplay MS
- HS Level – “A Call to Courage” – Daniel DiMarino, Owen J. Roberts
- HS Level – “Tarentella” – Robbie Halpner, Upper St. Clair HS
- Jazz Band – “Jazz Clones” – Benjamin Saylor, Indiana Area SD
Questions? Please contact PMEA Composition Program Chair Lori Luurtsema. All members and their students are encouraged to submit compositions.