2018-19 PMEA Composition Program Information
PMEA is pleased to once again sponsor a composition program for PMEA members and their students, in conjunction with the 2019 PMEA/Eastern Division Conference, April 3-6 in Pittsburgh, PA. The program will be divided into five categories with the winning compositions in each category recognized during the 2019 PMEA conference. The purpose of the composition program is to promote and encourage composers of all ages to create music and to explore the way that sounds are put together in an appropriate way. Many future composers are today’s music students and members and we are striving to encourage everyone to try their hand at composing.
If you have any other questions, direct them to Lori Luurtsema at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018-19 Composition Guidelines and Information
- 2018-2019 Original Composition Contest Guidelines – Elementary School
- 2018-2019 Original Composition Contest Guidelines – Middle School
- 2018-2019 Original Composition Contest Guidelines – High School
- 2018-2019 Original Composition Contest Guidelines – PCMEA (Collegiate)
- 2018-2019 Original Composition Contest Guidelines – Adult PMEA Member
2018 Composition Program Winners
- MS Level – “Sunrise” – Mark Lancaster, Bala Cynwyd MS
- HS Level – “Where Will I Go?” – Garrett Hoffman, Bethel Park HS
- HS Level – “Fugue in G Minor” – Nathaniel Maxwell, Everett Area HS
- PCMEA Level – “Brass Quintet No. 2” – Andrew Junttonen, Indiana University of PA
- PMEA Member – “Furin Kazan: The Way of the Samurai” – James DeVivo, Pleasant Valley HS
Questions? Please contact PMEA Composition Program Chair Lori Luurtsema. All members and their students are encouraged to submit compositions.