Linking to Our Past… Forging Our Future
The 2014 PMEA annual conference will offer an excellent mix of traditions and innovations to all participants. The conference, which will be held March 27-29, returns to a traditional gathering place, the Hershey Lodge and Conference Center. Conference attendees will be able to choose from over 90 sessions (extended to one hour and 15 minutes in length) presented by outstanding clinicians from Pennsylvania and other states. There will be clinics on many topics of interest to music educators in all stages of their careers. See the links below for complete details including a tentative schedule.
- PMEA Conference Registration Information and Form
- Tentative Conference Schedule
- 2014 PMEA Tentative Conference Schedule with Descriptions
- PMEA Conference Overview 2014
- PMEA News Conference Insert 2014
See any interesting sessions? PMEA is in need of volunteers to serve as presiders during the 2014 PMEA Annual Conference, March 27-29 in Hershey. The duties of a presider include introducing the clinician and giving a brief biography (if one is provided), assisting the clinician with any pre-session set up or equipment needs, and acknowledging and thanking the clinician at the end of the session. Any interested members should complete the Presider Form.
(*Please note that to register a JHS/HS student you will need to call the PMEA Office or complete the hard copy form. Online registration is not available for this registration type.)
2014 Awardees Information
Need a place to stay for the 2014 PMEA Annual Conference, March 26-29 at the Hershey Lodge and Convention Center? PMEA has reserved a block of rooms, which may be reserved via the Online Reservation Site - https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_ei_new&eventID=10778545 – at the special group rate of $175 a night for a single room ($185 – double; $195 triple/quad) until the block is sold out.
Other hotels in the area include:
- Best Western Inn Hershey (1 Sipe Ave., Hershey, PA) – 717-533-5665
- Comfort Inn at the Park (1200 Mae St., Hummelstown, PA) – 717-566-2050
- Days Inn Hershey (350 W Chocolate Ave, Hershey, PA) – 717-534-2162
- Econo Lodge Hershey (115 Lucy Ave, Hershey, PA) – 717-533-2515
- Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey (749 E Chocolate Ave, Hershey, PA) – 717-533-8400
2014 PMEA Composition Program
Congratulations to this year’s awardees who will be recognized at the 2014 PMEA Annual Conference during the Outstanding Compositions session on Friday, March 28 at 2:00 p.m. in the Trinidad Ballroom. This year’s awardees are as follows:
- Elementary Level – Yanfei Sophie Wen, Southern Lehigh SD
- Middle School Level – Robbie Halpner, Fort Couch MS (Upper St. Clair SD)
- High School Level – Nate Frank, Beaver Area HS
- High School Level – Andrew Herring, Central Dauphin HS
- Collegiate Level – Anne-Marie Hildebrandt, Penn State University