2017 PMEA Annual In-Service Conference, April 19-21 (Exhibitor Dates), Erie Bayfront Convention Center
Past, Current and New Exhibitors will be able to access and purchase exhibitor space on our online registration system by clicking the link – Register Here! There is also an option to pay by check. The floor plan is live and updated as booths are assigned. Booths will be available on a first-come, first-served basis once payment has been processed.
Booths will be 10’ x 10′ with 8′ backdrapes and 33″ high side dividers. Each booth will be furnished with a 8’ skirted table, two chairs and a wastebasket. The hall is not carpeted, however aisle carpeting will be provided.
PMEA will be utilizing several hotels in the Erie area. Two of the properties are located beside the convention center. They are the:
- Sheraton Bayfront ($159 single/double) *sold out*
- Courtyard Marriott ($152 single/double) *sold out*
Additional hotels with PMEA room blocks are the:
- Clarion Hotel & Conference Center ($89 single/double; 2800 W 8th St., Erie, PA 16505; 814-833-1116)
- Comfort Inn Presque Isle ($89 single/double; 3041 West 12th St., Erie, PA 16505; 814-835-4200)
- Avalon Hotel & Conference Center ($96 single/double; 16 W 10th St, Erie, PA 16501; 814-459-2220)
- Decorator Information regarding shipping labels and additional items that can be ordered for your booth (i.e. electricity, extra tables, etc./ *please note that the hall is not carpeted) can be found here.
- Names for Vendor Badges should be requested via the Online Form. If you haven’t already completed it, please be sure to do so by this Monday, March 27. Any changes should be submitted via a new form. The names on the most recent form submitted will be used. Any changes after April 5 can be made on-site.
- Vendor set-up in the Music Education Marketplace will run from 2 – 9 p.m. on Wednesday, April 19. Tear down will begin immediately following the close of the hall at 4 p.m. on Friday, April 21 and will go until 9 p.m. Marketplace Vendor registration will take place in the lobby area outside of the Marketplace beginning at 2 p.m. on Wednesday. Official exhibitor hours are: Thursday (4/20) – 9:45 a.m. – 5 p.m. (Exhibitor Grand Opening will take place from 9:45 – 10:30 a.m.) and Friday (4/21) – 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- PMEA Silent Auction – we will once again be holding a silent auction in the Music Education Marketplace area to raise money for the PMEA Scholarship Fund and Margaret S. Bauer Grant Program. All donations are tax deductible as PMEA is a 501(c)3 organization. Please complete this Short Form by Friday, April 7 if you would like to participate. All donations are greatly appreciated!
- PMEA All-State Organization Patron Program was created a few years ago to help keep the All-State registration fees affordable. Parents, students and companies/organizations can make a tax-deductible donation to the PMEA All-State Program and in return their names will be included in the All-State program book.
We look forward to seeing you in April!
Other information regarding the 2017 PMEA Annual Conference:
The Pennsylvania Music Educators Association, the second largest state music educators association in the U.S., annually presents a state in-service conference. We expect over 2000 attendees that include teachers from all levels, preschool through college/university, collegiate students majoring in music education and students and directors of performing groups invited to the 2017 conference. More than 1450 current and retired teachers, college students, administrators and guests attended the 2016 PMEA Annual Conference in Hershey.
Decorator lists and pricings can be found here: Decorator Information (electric, carpet, etc. order form)
ADVERTISING AND UPGRADE OPTIONS
To view and purchase, log in to GoExpo, hover your cursor over Upgrades and click on “Upgrade Options.” You will see the various options to upgrade including additional exhibitor badges ($35 each, limit two per booth), digital upgrades through our Mobile App, and Print Advertising in our Annual Conference Program (half page b&w – $285; full page b&w – $395). Print Advertising and App Sponsorship is purchased on a first come, first serve basis. Make sure to claim your upgrades before it’s too late!
More information about advertising through PMEA can be found at http://www.pmea.net/pmea-news-advertising-information/
The rights and privileges of an exhibitor shall not be infringed by another exhibitor. Please see information included when reserving your booth.
PMEA is pleased to offer complimentary registration to TWO representatives per booth. Additional representatives may receive badges for $35.00 each (Limit 2 per booth). All other representatives must register for the conference at the applicable rate. Names or changes of names for badges will be accepted until April 5, 2017. After April 5, all changes will be processed on site.
The hours will be Thursday – 9:45am – 5pm and Friday 8am – 4pm. Setup will be Wednesday from 2:00 PM until 9:00 PM; Exhibitors will also be able to get into the hall beginning at 7 a.m. on Thursday. All booths must be set-up by 8:45 a.m.; Tear Down will begin immediately following the close of the hall at 4 p.m.
CORPORATE SPONSOR MEMBERSHIP
Members of the music industry and institutions of higher education are invited to join PMEA as Sponsoring Members. You must purchase a 2017 PMEA Corporate Membership at the same time as an exhibit booth in order to receive the sponsor member discount. *Please note that 2017 Corporate Sponsor Membership rates are pro-rated and will run from Jan. 1 – June 30, 2017. Future Corporate Sponsor Memberships will then run from July 1 to June 30 of the following year. More information including membership benefits can be found when reserving a booth online.
More information about Corporate Sponsorship can be found at http://www.pmea.net/corporate-sponsor-information/. Be sure to check our sponsorship packages and ways it can save you money on Exhibit Prices!
Single $720 Double $1120 Triple $1470 Quad $1770
Corporate Sponsor Member prices:
Single $625 Double $1025 Triple $1375 Quad $1675
Five booths are also available at the following rates: Non-member – $2020, Member – $1925 and six booths are available at the non-member rate of $2220 and member rate of $2125. To receive the Corporate Sponsor Member price, dues for the 2017 member year must be paid at the time of booth purchase.
Advertising information for the 2016-2017 publication year is now available via the links below. You will also find a link to the new online advertising contract form. To reserve an ad (or several ads) for the 2016-2017 year, an online form must be completed. All ads are reserved on a first come, first serve basis. Questions may be directed to:[email protected]
- PMEA News Advertising Information
- PMEA News Advertising Contract
- Pennsylvania Music Educators Association Advertising Media Kit
- PMEA Online Advertising Information
- PMEA App Advertising – Only available to Exhibitors
- Mailing Label Request Form
Publication Schedule 2016-2017:
PMEA News is published quarterly. Reservation deadlines are as follows:
Fall Issue – August 8th, 2016 and arriving September 15th, 2016 Winter Issue – October 3rd, 2016 and arriving November 15th, 2016 Spring Issue – January 9th, 2017 and arriving March 1st, 2017
- Summer Issue – April 3rd, 2017 and arriving May 15th, 2017
*Note: Actual copy of ad may be received up to 5 days later than the closing date for the order.*