View the PDE Update to PMEA presented by Dave Deitz at the Annual Conference in Lancaster on Thursday, April 19, 2018.
New Resources Available for Educators
We are pleased to announce two new resources available to educators from the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE), Division of Certification Services.
- For individuals interested in teaching in Pennsylvania, the Certification section of PDE’s website now contains an interactive resource called Career Opportunities for educators to search by county to locate hiring or human resource information for Local Education Agencies (LEAs). The purpose of this resource is to aid future educators in their search for vacancies in Pennsylvania schools. You will find the link to the webpage in the Resources box on the Certification main page.
NOTE: LEAs, please review this resource to verify your contact information. If you find any issues with the information for your entity, contact us at email@example.com and we will update your information.
- A new resource for recent graduates in education, Navigating the Teacher Information Management System (TIMS) for New Education Graduates, is now available in the Certification section of the PDE website. This short informative video guides graduates through applying in TIMS for certification. You will find a link to the video on the Information and Updates
ESSA (Every Student Succeeds Act)
- Teacher Evaluation
SLO (Student Learning Objectives)
Updated Music SLO Models
Arts Education Data
Access to Arts Education in PA
- Data Review of Arts Access
- Public School District Access – Music
- Public School District Access – Master
- PMEA Membership in Public School Districts
- Data About the Status of Music Education in Pennsylvania
Other Helpful Information:
- Depth-Of-Knowledge for Fine Arts
- PMEA Conference Presentation – Dave Deitz: Teacher Effectiveness and the SLO Process
- SLO for Music Teachers-Goals, Standards and Assessments – Dave Dietz Presentation Slides
- PA Superintendent Survey Results – link to survey results sent to PA School Superintendents about the hiring practices and need for music and art teachers over the past five years
The following url http://www.ascd.org/ascd-