The purpose of the program is to develop the leadership necessary to ensure the long-term growth and advancement of both music education and the association. PMEA recognizes the need to develop future leaders. This program is centered around four units that consist of researching, networking, and developing action plans for:
- PMEA’s Programs & Strategic Direction
- PMEA’s Governance Structure and current trends in organizational development
- Leadership development & skill enhancement
- Current trends in music education.
Each class is also tasked with developing and implementing a project that enhances one aspect of the Strategic Plan. This year’s class focused on membership campaigns.
Applications are now being accepted for the fourth class of the PMEA Leadership Academy. The program will begin with attendance at the 2017 PMEA Summer Conference, July 18-19 at the Penn Stater Hotel and Conference Center in State College, includes four written assignments with conference calls throughout the year and will conclude with graduation during the 2018 PMEA Annual Conference, April 18-21 in Lancaster.
- Enrollment Fee: $50 (fee will be returned following successful completion of the program)
- Online Application
*The enrollment fee covers all materials and registration at the 2017 PMEA Summer Conference (costs to attend the annual conference in April are the responsibility of the program participant).
To enroll in and successfully complete the Leadership Program, you must:
- Be a PMEA member
- Complete and submit the enrollment materials (online application and $50 enrollment fee) by Friday, June 16, 2017.
- Participate in 100% of assignments, including the in person (summer & spring conferences) and written/online assignments.
If enrolled in the Leadership Program, you will:
- Learn about PMEA and how it conducts its daily business
- Learn how to thoughtfully and effectively participate in an online group process
- Learn about PMEA’s Governance Structure
- Learn about Leadership