The purpose of the program is to develop the leadership necessary to ensure the long-term growth and advancement of both music education and the association. PMEA recognizes the need to develop future leaders. This program is centered around four units that consist of researching, networking, and developing action plans for:
- PMEA’s Programs & Strategic Direction
- PMEA’s Governance Structure and current trends in organizational development
- Leadership development & skill enhancement
- Current trends in music education.
Each class is also tasked with developing and implementing a project that enhances one aspect of the Strategic Plan. This year’s class focused on membership campaigns.
The program will begin with attendance at the 2017 PMEA Summer Conference, July 18-19 at the Penn Stater Hotel and Conference Center in State College, includes four written assignments with conference calls throughout the year and will conclude with graduation during the 2018 PMEA Annual Conference, April 18-21 in Lancaster.
If enrolled in the Leadership Program, you will:
- Learn about PMEA and how it conducts its daily business
- Learn how to thoughtfully and effectively participate in an online group process
- Learn about PMEA’s Governance Structure
- Learn about Leadership