PMEA All-State Information
PMEA 2017 All-State General Information
- PMEA 2017 All-State General Information
- PMEA 2017 All-State Student Information
- Opportunity to support PMEA All-State through Patron Program
PMEA All-State At-Large Instruments
Piccolo, E Flat Soprano Clarinet, Double Bass and 2017 ONLY Bass Clarinet- Orchestra
The 1st chair player (Piccolo, Eb Soprano Clarinet, Double Bass) from each District’s Concert Band will have the opportunity to audition online (via Submittable) for the 2017 PMEA All-State Festival and be assigned to either the Concert Band or Wind Ensemble. *This year only – a bass clarinet at-large position is available for the All-State Orchestra. All first chair bass clarinet players at the district level are eligible to apply for this position. *Please note that if the student has been selected for the Region Band Festival, they must attend in order to apply as an At Large instrument for All-State. *
- 2017 PMEA All-State At-Large Instructions
- There is NO Charge for this submission, however, the first chair player (Piccolo, E-Flat Soprano Clarinet, Double Bass, Bass Clarinet (2017 Orchestra Only)) from each Districts’ Concert Band and will attend the PMEA Region Band Festival will have the opportunity, using the Submittable program, to audition for States and be assigned to either the All-State Concert Band or All-State Wind Ensemble and this year only Bass Clarinet for All-State Orchestra. (*In districts with multiple bands, the first chair player who has qualified for regions is eligible to submit an audition.)
- 2017 PMEA All-State Piccolo At-Large
- 2017 PMEA All-State E Flat Clarinet At-Large
- 2017 PMEA All-State Double Bass At-Large
- 2017 PMEA All-State Bass Clarinet At-Large (*Update 2/14 – a tempo of a quarter note = 76 is appropriate) & Additional Bass Clarinet Etude (updated 9.26.16)
- For the first Bass Clarinet audition piece, please play continuously throughout the entire piece and ignore all measures of rest. For example, play the first two measures, skip over the 6 measures of rest, and play the 9th measure as if it were measure 3. Do this throughout the entire piece.
***Audition opens Monday February 13th, 2017 and closes Friday February 24th, 2017***
***Announcement of Audition Results: PMEA 2017 Region Orchestra Festivals***
PMEA 2017 All-State Jazz/Vocal Jazz
Many thanks to all students who auditioned for the 2017 PMEA Jazz and Vocal Jazz All-State Ensembles and their music directors who prepared them for the audition. Directors ONLY may request scoring information and judge comments by sending me an email. ([email protected]). Please send the student name(s) and instrument(s)/vocal part(s) which they auditioned on and allow us a few days for follow up on the information requested.
Directors who have students participating in the 2017 All-State Jazz Ensembles must log in- www.pmea.net, scroll to “Conferences and Events” and then click on “Fest and Festival Information”. The following forms must be filled out online BY FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 10.
- All-State Jazz Student Online Form
- All-State Vocal Jazz Student Online Form
- Student Dietary Needs Form (ONLY if applicable)
- Instrument Responsibility Form (ONLY if applicable)
Additional paperwork including Medical Forms, Medical Administration Record Form (if needed), Principal Acknowledgement Form (specific to Jazz or Vocal Jazz) and Student Policy Acceptance Form will be included in the student music folder. Expect delivery of folders to Directors at the school address the week of February 20th.
PMEA All-State Choral Accompanist Audition Information
The window of opportunity to apply has closed at this time.