(Updated November 6, 2014)
Welcome to PMEA’s Internet Job Bank. This page contains a listing of jobs of interest to PMEA members. If there is a job in your district, please e-mail an announcement to one of the following addresses: email@example.com. Be sure to include contact information and deadlines. Allow a couple of days for updates to appear.
David Weiss, PMEA News Editor
Lewis Music Studio is looking to add another teacher immediately to its South Fayette location. The candidate will be teaching private piano lessons as well as Intro to Piano classes for preschoolers and an Early Childhood Music Class. The studio operates at Kingdom Care Learning Center, and many families are already waiting to be a part of this well-respected program. If the candidate is not familiar with early childhood curricula, suggestions and training is available. Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Clearances will be required before the start date.
Director of the Wyoming Seminary Performing Arts Institute
Since its first season in the summer of 1999, the Performing Arts Institute of Wyoming Seminary has enriched the lives of countless high school–‐aged students, their mentors and their standing–‐room—only audiences. Six weeks of intense small and large ensemble rehearsals with more than thirty performances directed by internationally renowned conductors and choreographers provides young musicians, dancers and actors with challenging, life–‐changing experiences. This is truly an amazing performing arts experience that is designed for the serious and talented student.
The director of the Performing Arts Institute (PAI) is responsible for all aspects of the program design and management. From defining the ensemble offerings to hiring its leadership, developing the promotional campaign, recruiting students, selecting performance literature, welcoming audiences, auditioning candidates and accepting appropriate applicants, this is a wonderful opportunity for the right arts administrator. Throughout the year, the director is supported by an assistant and the Wyoming Seminary College Preparatory School summer management team as well as all major full-year departments of the School.
While planning and executing this highly regarded summer program, the PAI director serves on the full-year faculty of Wyoming Seminary as a member of the Fine Arts Department with limited teaching or conducting responsibilities.
On the landscape of American independent boarding and day schools, Wyoming Seminary, founded in 1844, is a distinguished institution known for its tradition of excellence. Its 795 students, ranging from toddlers to high school seniors and postgraduates, engage in rigorous academic studies along with an enriching blend of the arts, athletics and special interest clubs. The new $16.3 million Kirby Center for Creative Arts is the venue for the extraordinary performing arts offerings of Wyoming Seminary, including the Performing Arts Institute.
The successful candidate for this position will demonstrate considerable background in the performing arts, possess seasoned interpersonal and management skills, show evidence of creative programming ideas, be mindful of the need for generating program revenue and balancing budgets and give evidence of experience in marketing through creative publications as well as the electronic media. Exceptional communication skills in both written and spoken forms are essential. To set a sense of community appropriate for adolescents, the director is expected to lead by example and to support the values and traditions of Wyoming Seminary College Preparatory School.
To explore this opportunity further, candidates should click the link below to complete an application on Wyoming Seminary’s Web site: http://www.wyomingseminary.org/paidirector
Or you can mail your letter of interest and resume to:
Ms. Chloe Kalna
Performing Arts Institute
Wyoming Seminary College Prep School
201 North Sprague Avenue
Kingston, PA 18704-3593
Or email Chloe Kalna at email@example.com.
Opening For Music Director/Conductor of the North Suburban Symphonic Band
Seeking Choir Director to lead our chancel choir (Weds rehearsal & Sunday morning) in music and in following Jesus Christ. We’re looking for music skills, people skills and organizational skills from a person of vital faith. The right candidate will offer leadership and collaboration in a team environment crafting joyous inviting worship experiences, grounded in a traditional style. We welcome fun, creativity and energy here at Palmyra First United Methodist Church (www.pfumc.us), where Everybody’s Welcome, Nobody’s Perfect and Anything’s Possible! Contact Pastor Dave Harris,firstname.lastname@example.org or 717.838.2551 x203
School District of Philadelphia
Plans and teaches music, following the scope and sequence for all courses, to K-12 students. Develops student’s academic skills through academic courses of study and implementation District approved curriculum. Documents teaching and student progress, activities, and outcomes. Address specific educational needs of students. Provides a safe and optimal learning environment, and provide feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations and goals. Use of formal and informal classroom and District music assessments. Stays abreast of the latest developments and improvements in education as if affects the music K-12 program. Essential Functions
- Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of supporting teacher’s expectations, developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
- Assesses students for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding students’ progress, expectations and goals.
- Assists other teachers for the purpose of implementing curriculum.
- Collaborates with school personnel, parents and various community agencies for the purpose of improving the quality of student outcomes, developing solutions and planning curriculum.
- Demonstrates methods required to perform assignments and/or skills for the purpose of providing the students with the necessary skills to perform the tasks safely and/or accurately.
- Directs instructional assistants, volunteers and/or student aides for the purpose of providing an effective school program and addressing the needs of individual students.
- Instructs students for the purpose of improving their success in academics through a defined course of study.
- Monitors student activities for the purpose of proving a safe and optimal learning environment.
- Prepares teaching materials and reports for the purpose of implementing lesson plans and providing documentation of teacher and student progress.
- Reports incidents for the purpose of maintaining personal safety of students, proving learning environment and adhering to Education Code, District and/or school policies.
For the Bilingual Specialty
Performs the above mentioned duties
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated knowledge of:
- the principles, practices and methods of music.
- the contents, materials, methodologies and practices utilized in music
- classic and contemporary readings aligned to subject matter.
- authentic performance assessment principles,
Demonstrated ability to:
- Use a personal computer and spreadsheets and word processing software applications.
- select and organize curriculum content and to apply appropriate instructional methods.
- implement assessment tools for effective student evaluations.
- communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- establish effective working relationships.
For the Bilingual Specialty Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- speak English and the appropriate foreign language fluently.
- to read and write English and the appropriate foreign language.
Disclaimer The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Certificates/Licenses
Possession of a valid Commonwealth of Pennsylvania instructional certificate in Music
Other Teaching jobs in Pennsylvania may be found on the PA School Boards Association Web-Site.