(Updated June 26, 2015)
Welcome to PMEA’s Internet Job Bank. This page contains a listing of jobs of interest to PMEA members. If there is a job in your district, please e-mail an announcement to one of the following addresses: email@example.com. Be sure to include contact information and deadlines. Allow a couple of days for updates to appear.
The Lower Merion School District is seeking candidates for a full time contracted Choral Music teacher (musical director experience preferred). The vacancy is posted here:
Qualifiications: PA Certification in Music, K-12; 3-5 years teaching experience preferred; experience teaching choral music preferred. Good standing relative to Act 48 credits. Applicant must have Act 34 and 151 clearances and FBI registration number. Deadline – July 2
ANNOUNCEMENTPOSITION OF MUSIC DIRECTOR/CONDUCTOR
The Southern Tier Symphony invites applications for the position of part-time Music Director/Conductor. The Music Director/Conductor will work closely with the executive director, board president and staff. S/he will be responsible for repertoire, programming, guest artists, artistic production, rehearsals and will be expected to participate actively in the organization’s fundraising activities, as well as, fulfill the orchestra’s artistic potential and image in the community. A more specific reference to tasks which may occur during a given concert season may be found at www.southerntiersymphony.org.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate possesses exceptional musicianship and conducting skills, significant conducting experience and knowledge of a broad range of repertoire; strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills; desire and ability to connect with audiences to speak for the music; vision, passion, and ability to make relevant, exciting symphonic music for existing and new audiences; ability to motivate and elicit best efforts of musicians; effective and efficient rehearsal techniques; advanced musical degree(s). Residency within a three-hour drive of Olean is preferred. Compensation will be discussed during the interview process. The audition process will include programming, rehearsing and conducting one series-concert during the Southern Tier Symphony’s subscription season (a series-concert consists of a single program performed at two locations within one weekend).
Submit a personal letter of interest, resume, repertoire list, two letters of recommendation, two additional names of reference and DVD demonstrating conducting skills of a rehearsal and performance of the same program. Additional material may be requested.Deadline is August 7, 2015.
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Southern Tier Symphony Conductor Search, P.O. Box 501, Olean, NY 14760.
For more information visit www.southerntiersymphony.org. The Southern Tier Symphony is a regional orchestra entering its 13th season of bringing high quality performances of classical and popular music to the area. Based in Olean, New York, it serves Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, southern Erie and Allegany counties in New York and McKean County, Pennsylvania. With strong ties to the communities it serves, it looks to strengthen community relations and continue outreach efforts. The season includes three subscription series-concerts. Additionally, on Tuesday of Easter Holy Week a single program, called “Bach’s Lunch”, features a small chamber orchestra and performs in Olean, New York and Bradford, Pennsylvania.
The Eastern Lancaster County School District (Southeastern Pennsylvania) is seeking candidates for a full time elementary general music teacher (Kindergarten – sixth grade). The vacancy will be posted here in the near future:
The Blackhawk High School Band Program is seeking qualified candidates for the following positions:
Assistant Band Director: Applicants should have marching experience and background in teaching marching technique, footwork, and drill movement. Applicant should also be well versed in a particular instrumental focus – low brass, or saxophone expertise is preferred, but other instrumental focuses are welcome.
Percussion Instructor: Applicants should be well versed in marching battery percussion and be able to rehearse both battery and front ensemble for our Football Band and Competition Band programs. Applicant should be confident in developing technique and musicianship for both. Position also comes with opportunity to apply for instructor of the competitive indoor percussion team as well.
Letters of interest, resumes, and inquiries for both positions can be directed to:
Dave Zaccari, Director of Bands
Blackhawk High School
500 Blackhawk Rd.
Beaver Falls, PA 15010
Delone Catholic High School is seeking a marching percussion instructor for the 2015 season. Band camp is July 20-24, 2015 at Penn State Mont Alto. The position also involves weekly practices during the Summer and Fall at the high school. For more info, contact Brian Yealy at email@example.com or 717-637-5969 x 202.
Assistant Marching Band Director
Marching Band Brass Instructor
Part-Time Elementary Music Teacher – York Township
The Dallastown Area School District has an anticipated vacancy for a Part-Time Elementary Music Teacher at the York Township Elementary School to begin with the start of the 2015-16 school year. Hours will be 9:00 a.m. -12:50 p.m., Monday – Friday. Responsible for implementing the district’s music instructional program with students and providing the students with appropriate instruction and a learning environment that will enable each student to master basic music skills. PA teaching certificate, demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others, and acceptable record of attendance are required. Please apply online at www.dallastown.net by clicking on the “Employment” button and then “Current Vacancies.” Minority candidates are encouraged to apply. EOE.
Plans and teaches music, following the scope and sequence for all courses, to K-12 students. Develops student’s academic skills through academic courses of study and implementation District approved curriculum. Documents teaching and student progress, activities, and outcomes. Address specific educational needs of students. Provides a safe and optimal learning environment, and provide feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations and goals. Use of formal and informal classroom and District music assessments. Stays abreast of the latest developments and improvements in education as if affects the music K-12 program. Essential Functions
- Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of supporting teacher’s expectations, developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
- Assesses students for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding students’ progress, expectations and goals.
- Assists other teachers for the purpose of implementing curriculum.
- Collaborates with school personnel, parents and various community agencies for the purpose of improving the quality of student outcomes, developing solutions and planning curriculum.
- Demonstrates methods required to perform assignments and/or skills for the purpose of providing the students with the necessary skills to perform the tasks safely and/or accurately.
- Directs instructional assistants, volunteers and/or student aides for the purpose of providing an effective school program and addressing the needs of individual students.
- Instructs students for the purpose of improving their success in academics through a defined course of study.
- Monitors student activities for the purpose of proving a safe and optimal learning environment.
- Prepares teaching materials and reports for the purpose of implementing lesson plans and providing documentation of teacher and student progress.
- Reports incidents for the purpose of maintaining personal safety of students, proving learning environment and adhering to Education Code, District and/or school policies.
For the Bilingual Specialty
Performs the above mentioned duties
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated knowledge of:
- the principles, practices and methods of music.
- the contents, materials, methodologies and practices utilized in music
- classic and contemporary readings aligned to subject matter.
- authentic performance assessment principles,
Demonstrated ability to:
- Use a personal computer and spreadsheets and word processing software applications.
- select and organize curriculum content and to apply appropriate instructional methods.
- implement assessment tools for effective student evaluations.
- communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- establish effective working relationships.
For the Bilingual Specialty Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- speak English and the appropriate foreign language fluently.
- to read and write English and the appropriate foreign language.
Disclaimer The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Certificates/Licenses
Possession of a valid Commonwealth of Pennsylvania instructional certificate in Music
Other Teaching jobs in Pennsylvania may be found on the PA School Boards Association Web-Site.