(Updated May 22, 2015)
Welcome to PMEA’s Internet Job Bank. This page contains a listing of jobs of interest to PMEA members. If there is a job in your district, please e-mail an announcement to one of the following addresses: email@example.com. Be sure to include contact information and deadlines. Allow a couple of days for updates to appear.
Assistant Marching Band Director
Search Status: Application Deadline is June 30, 2015
The Saint Francis University Marching Band seeks candidates who will advise the majorette line during the summer band camp. Responsibilities include: individual and small group instruction, aid in the teaching of marching basics and fundamentals, helping to set and clean drill, teach and clean routines, and other duties as assigned by the Director of Bands.
Candidates must be available from August 8, 2015 through August 25, 2015 and must demonstrate knowledge and ability in individual, small group instruction. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in marching band participation/instruction.
Complete an online application at http://francis.edu/employment, then submit letter of application, resume, and names, addresses and phone numbers of three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org Saint Francis University is committed to diversity of students, staff, and faculty, and encourages applications from historically underrepresented individuals, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities. AA/EOE
Color Guard Advisor
Search Status: Application Deadline is June 30, 2015
The Saint Francis University Marching Band seeks candidates who will advise the Color Guard during the summer band camp. Responsibilities include: individual and small group instruction, aid in the teaching of marching basics and fundamentals, helping to set and clean drill, teach and clean routines, and other duties as assigned by the Director of Bands.
Candidates must be available from August 8, 2015 through August 25, 2015 and must demonstrate knowledge and ability in individual, small group instruction. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in marching band participation/instruction. Complete an online application at http://francis.edu/employment, then submit letter of application, resume, and names, addresses and phone numbers of three references to: email@example.com Saint Francis University is committed to diversity of students, staff, and faculty, and encourages applications from historically underrepresented individuals, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities. AA/EOE
PMEA, a statewide professional association providing continuing professional education and advocacy for music teachers, is seeking to fill the new position of Director of Member Engagement.
- Oversees maintenance of membership records in sufficient detail to support communications and research.
- Maintains regular communications with individual and corporate sponsor members i.e. all-member email updates, specific content area targeted communications.
- Communicates membership information to PMEA districts, and works with them on member recruitment and retention.
- Maintains and updates the PMEA website & PMEA social media outlets i.e. Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Develops and administers a process for identifying, recruiting and registering potential individual and corporate sponsor members.
- Publishes periodic reports on membership status and development and analyzes data to recommend steps for recruitment, retention and expansion.
- Develops brochures, applications and other materials promoting membership and works with districts on distribution.
- Assists with professional development events including state-wide conferences and on-line learning opportunities.
- Works with volunteers to maintain and enhance PMEA service programs such as the Leadership Academy, Mentor Program, Retired Member Program, etc.
- Works with appropriate volunteers in developing the conference program book, exhibitor information and registration details.
- Promotes conference exhibits and coordinates their placement and operation.
- Conducts post-professional development events evaluations.
- Serves as a point of contact for individual members seeking information or assistance on membership.
Qualifications: Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree in music education, communications or a related area. Previous association experience preferable. Must have advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office 2013, WordPress, Constant Contact, Social Media platforms and other online programs. Some evidence of musical training or experience, in lieu of a degree in music education. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
This is a full-time, Monday through Friday, 37.5 hours position in Hamburg, PA with occasional evening and weekend meetings. To be considered for this position, please send your resume AND SALARY HISTORY to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 29. No phone calls please.
Marching Band Brass Instructor
Marching Band Director:
The Newport School District is seeking to fill the position of Marching Band Director. Field show and marching band experience preferred. This position is paid as an extracurricular stipend. Please mail or email resume and letter of interest to Trixy Soccio, Secretary to the Superintendent, P.O. Box 9, Newport, PA 17074 or email@example.com
Part-Time Elementary Music Teacher – York Township
The Dallastown Area School District has an anticipated vacancy for a Part-Time Elementary Music Teacher at the York Township Elementary School to begin with the start of the 2015-16 school year. Hours will be 9:00 a.m. -12:50 p.m., Monday – Friday. Responsible for implementing the district’s music instructional program with students and providing the students with appropriate instruction and a learning environment that will enable each student to master basic music skills. PA teaching certificate, demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others, and acceptable record of attendance are required. Please apply online at www.dallastown.net by clicking on the “Employment” button and then “Current Vacancies”. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply. EOE.
Plans and teaches music, following the scope and sequence for all courses, to K-12 students. Develops student’s academic skills through academic courses of study and implementation District approved curriculum. Documents teaching and student progress, activities, and outcomes. Address specific educational needs of students. Provides a safe and optimal learning environment, and provide feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations and goals. Use of formal and informal classroom and District music assessments. Stays abreast of the latest developments and improvements in education as if affects the music K-12 program. Essential Functions
- Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of supporting teacher’s expectations, developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
- Assesses students for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding students’ progress, expectations and goals.
- Assists other teachers for the purpose of implementing curriculum.
- Collaborates with school personnel, parents and various community agencies for the purpose of improving the quality of student outcomes, developing solutions and planning curriculum.
- Demonstrates methods required to perform assignments and/or skills for the purpose of providing the students with the necessary skills to perform the tasks safely and/or accurately.
- Directs instructional assistants, volunteers and/or student aides for the purpose of providing an effective school program and addressing the needs of individual students.
- Instructs students for the purpose of improving their success in academics through a defined course of study.
- Monitors student activities for the purpose of proving a safe and optimal learning environment.
- Prepares teaching materials and reports for the purpose of implementing lesson plans and providing documentation of teacher and student progress.
- Reports incidents for the purpose of maintaining personal safety of students, proving learning environment and adhering to Education Code, District and/or school policies.
For the Bilingual Specialty
Performs the above mentioned duties
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated knowledge of:
- the principles, practices and methods of music.
- the contents, materials, methodologies and practices utilized in music
- classic and contemporary readings aligned to subject matter.
- authentic performance assessment principles,
Demonstrated ability to:
- Use a personal computer and spreadsheets and word processing software applications.
- select and organize curriculum content and to apply appropriate instructional methods.
- implement assessment tools for effective student evaluations.
- communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- establish effective working relationships.
For the Bilingual Specialty Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- speak English and the appropriate foreign language fluently.
- to read and write English and the appropriate foreign language.
Disclaimer The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Certificates/Licenses
Possession of a valid Commonwealth of Pennsylvania instructional certificate in Music
Other Teaching jobs in Pennsylvania may be found on the PA School Boards Association Web-Site.