(Updated March 22, 2017)
Welcome to PMEA’s Internet Job Bank. This page contains a listing of jobs of interest to PMEA members. If there is a job in your district, please e-mail an announcement to [email protected]. Be sure to include contact information and deadlines. Allow a couple of days for updates to appear. Be sure to check our Educational Entities Map – Member Login Required! http://www.pmea.net/job-board/pmeas-educational-entities-map/
- Beginning strings on all instruments in grade 3 (multiple buildings)
- Violin and viola lessons in grade 4-6
Annville-Cleona School District, Lebanon County, has the following job opportunity available beginning with the 2017-2018 school year:
Elementary Instrumental Teacher Position
View details and apply via Recruit & Hire at: https://acschools.tedk12.
Applicants should apply online at www.gettysburg.k12.pa.us.
Easton Arts Academy Elementary Charter School
Information about the school is found below. More information can be found at the website www.easton-arts-charte
* The school will house grades K-4 during the first year; K-5 the second and subsequent years.
* Enrollment figures indicate about 350 students the first year and capping at 450 in subsequent years.
* In addition to academics, students will rotate through music, visual art, theatre, and dance.
* K-2 students will have two arts classes daily; 3-5 students will have three arts classes daily.
* Music instruction will focus on solfege, vocal technique and age-appropriate music theory.
* Most students during the first year will be in grades K-3. As the student population ages there will be the need to incorporate instrumental music … at least piano and strings.
* Arts teachers and academic teachers will collaborate in planning instruction/activities. Arts will be in the curriculum and the curriculum will be in the arts!
* There will be two music teachers and two music rooms.
* The school’s founder, Thomas Lubben, previously founded three highly successful arts charter schools in the area … one high school, Lehigh Valley Charter School for the Arts, one middle school and another elementary school. All four schools are all in the Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton area.
* Starting salary is competitive with other public schools in the area. Full benefits and a retirement plan are offered.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and resume to Principal Ken Hudlow at [email protected]
Mifflin County School District – Secondary Teaching Positions
Mifflin County School District in Lewistown, PA, is seeking to fill the following anticipated teacher opening effective for the start of 2017-2018 school year: Secondary Instrumental Music Teacher (Middle School)
Current college seniors graduating this spring, as well as experienced teachers, are encouraged to apply.
Acts 34, 151, and Federal Act 114 clearances, school health record with TB test, and Act 168 background checks required. Please apply online at www.mcsdk12.org under the employment section. No paper applications will be accepted and incomplete online applications will not be considered.
Part-Time Middle School General Music Teacher & Private Voice Instructor
Germantown Academy, located in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, is seeking qualified, experienced candidates for the position of general music teacher & private voice instructor, beginning August, 2017. This is a 10-month position which offers a highly competitive salary. The Academy, founded in 1759, is a non-sectarian, coeducational, college preparatory school of more than 1,100 students in Grades PK-12, located in the northwest suburbs of Philadelphia on a campus of 126 acres. At Germantown Academy, we are committed to creating a learning environment that is as diverse as the broader, global world of which we are a part. We value this diversity because it makes us a stronger community, enriches our thinking and helps us to develop our collaborative spirit. See Complete Job Ad/Description.
Moravian Academy is seeking an orchestra and string teacher to instruct students from kindergarten to grade 5 on viola and cello and direct the middle and upper school string orchestra. Music is a recognized core element of the Academy, stemming from our Moravian traditions, and we seek an expert in this field to join the Music Department. See complete job ad/description.
Submit digital materials, including a letter of intent, resume and statement of educational philosophy, to [email protected] Address letter of intent to: Ann Mindler, Assistant Head of School, Moravian Academy, 11 West Market Street, Bethlehem, PA 18018.
The School District of Philadelphia is hiring. Please click on the link below to be redirected for further job description and to apply. You may also guide yourself from there to other opportunities within the district on the left side of the webpage.
Other Teaching jobs in Pennsylvania may be found on the PA School Boards Association Web-Site.