(Updated January 14, 2015)
Welcome to PMEA’s Internet Job Bank. This page contains a listing of jobs of interest to PMEA members. If there is a job in your district, please e-mail an announcement to one of the following addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include contact information and deadlines. Allow a couple of days for updates to appear.
David Weiss, PMEA News Editor
Elementary General Music Teacher, grades K – 6
This is a substitute position starting mid March through mid June.
Abington, a suburban Philadelphia School District with a tradition of excellence, seeks a general music teacher for a K-6 school with the responsibility of 5th & 6th grade chorus. Individual must be eligible for PA certification in music education. Send letter of application, resume, Standard PA application, copy of certification, recommendations, clearances and copy of transcripts to:
Abington School District
Office of Human Resources
970 Highland Avenue
Abington, PA 19001
Opening For Music Director/Conductor of the North Suburban Symphonic Band
Seeking Choir Director to lead our chancel choir (Weds rehearsal & Sunday morning) in music and in following Jesus Christ. We’re looking for music skills, people skills and organizational skills from a person of vital faith. The right candidate will offer leadership and collaboration in a team environment crafting joyous inviting worship experiences, grounded in a traditional style. We welcome fun, creativity and energy here at Palmyra First United Methodist Church (www.pfumc.us), where Everybody’s Welcome, Nobody’s Perfect and Anything’s Possible! Contact Pastor Dave Harris,email@example.com or 717.838.2551 x203
School District of Philadelphia
Plans and teaches music, following the scope and sequence for all courses, to K-12 students. Develops student’s academic skills through academic courses of study and implementation District approved curriculum. Documents teaching and student progress, activities, and outcomes. Address specific educational needs of students. Provides a safe and optimal learning environment, and provide feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations and goals. Use of formal and informal classroom and District music assessments. Stays abreast of the latest developments and improvements in education as if affects the music K-12 program. Essential Functions
- Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of supporting teacher’s expectations, developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
- Assesses students for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding students’ progress, expectations and goals.
- Assists other teachers for the purpose of implementing curriculum.
- Collaborates with school personnel, parents and various community agencies for the purpose of improving the quality of student outcomes, developing solutions and planning curriculum.
- Demonstrates methods required to perform assignments and/or skills for the purpose of providing the students with the necessary skills to perform the tasks safely and/or accurately.
- Directs instructional assistants, volunteers and/or student aides for the purpose of providing an effective school program and addressing the needs of individual students.
- Instructs students for the purpose of improving their success in academics through a defined course of study.
- Monitors student activities for the purpose of proving a safe and optimal learning environment.
- Prepares teaching materials and reports for the purpose of implementing lesson plans and providing documentation of teacher and student progress.
- Reports incidents for the purpose of maintaining personal safety of students, proving learning environment and adhering to Education Code, District and/or school policies.
For the Bilingual Specialty
Performs the above mentioned duties
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated knowledge of:
- the principles, practices and methods of music.
- the contents, materials, methodologies and practices utilized in music
- classic and contemporary readings aligned to subject matter.
- authentic performance assessment principles,
Demonstrated ability to:
- Use a personal computer and spreadsheets and word processing software applications.
- select and organize curriculum content and to apply appropriate instructional methods.
- implement assessment tools for effective student evaluations.
- communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- establish effective working relationships.
For the Bilingual Specialty Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- speak English and the appropriate foreign language fluently.
- to read and write English and the appropriate foreign language.
Disclaimer The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Certificates/Licenses
Possession of a valid Commonwealth of Pennsylvania instructional certificate in Music
Other Teaching jobs in Pennsylvania may be found on the PA School Boards Association Web-Site.