(Updated May 12th, 2016)
Welcome to PMEA’s Internet Job Bank. This page contains a listing of jobs of interest to PMEA members. If there is a job in your district, please e-mail an announcement to Joshua Gibson. Be sure to include contact information and deadlines. Allow a couple of days for updates to appear.
The School District of Philadelphia is hiring. Please click on the link below to be redirected for further job description and to apply. You may also guide yourself from there to other opportunities within the district on the left side of the webpage.
The Nittany Knights Chorus in State College, PA is seeking candidates for our Chorus Director position. The Nittany Knights are a 30 member strong, active a-capella men’s chorus specializing in barbershop harmony and maintain membership in the Barbershop Harmony Society. The part-time director is responsible for leading weekly, Monday night practices and performances including an annual show and about 20 other public appearances. A background in barbershop harmony is desirable but not necessary. Contact Paul Wagner for more information at 814-574-2501 or pwagner66@ gmail.com.
The Carlisle Area School District, Carlisle, PA, is currently accepting applications for the position of Elementary General/Vocal Music. This position involves teaching kindergarten through fifth grade general music classes and fourth/fifth grade choruses in two elementary buildings within the Carlisle Area School District. Interested candidates are invited to apply and upload required documents online at: https://carlisleschools.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interested parties are also welcome to contact Byron Mikesell, CASD Music Department Head Teacher at [email protected] if there are questions about this vacancy.
Motif Music is hiring in Shanghai, China with immediate vacancies in newly created full-time teaching positions. We are looking for candidates that specialize in marching band teaching, with concentrations in color guard, marching percussion, visual & marching techniques, or woodwind/brass pedagogy.
Would be able to move to Shanghai, China • Has a valid passport with empty pages • Have at least a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent • DCI World Class performing experience preferred • Concert Band, Marching Band, and/or Drum Corps teaching experience preferred • Chinese language skills not required • Must work well with an established team of American, Chinese, & Taiwanese teachers, and must be able to adapt to the needs of the Chinese market
Interested applicants should email their resume with 3 references to the following email address: [email protected] In the subject line, please write “APPLICATION – CG/PERC/VIS/MUS”. Replace “CG/PERC/VIS/MUS” with the corresponding position you are interested in:
Additional information can be found here: Job Posting
- Position Title: Music Teacher Department / Division:Lower Schools
Supervisor: Christina Simonds, Head of Lower School/Assistant Head of School
Position Status: Exempt Created/Updated: January, 2016
- Position Summary
Lancaster Country Day School seeks an experienced music teacher for full-time employment starting in 2016-2017. We are looking for an educator with a strong knowledge and ability to teach in all areas of music. A Masters Degree in music performance and/or music education is strongly preferred, as well as three years of teaching experience, preferably in an independent school setting. Lancaster Country Day School supports the active engagement of students, the use of technology, and faculty professional development. Additionally, the successful candidate will collaborate closely with other faculty members (departmental, grade-level, and school-wide) to align curriculum across subjects, to improve one’s own and others’ instructional practices, and to share best practices and will be expected to be an active participant in appropriate areas of the arts program.
Teach in the following areas of music:
- Lower School General Music (grades 3-5)
- Middle School Chorus (grades 6-8)
- 4/5th grade band and group lessons
- Participate as required in county and district festivals
- Work collaboratively with the drama department to help with the production of musical performances in all three divisions
- Organizes classroom systems/procedures and manages student behavior to ensure all students are fully engaged in learning
- Establishes a culture of high expectations that includes college preparation for all students
- Develops and implements lesson plans and classroom activities that engage students in artistic pursuits and prepare students for excellence in performance
- Assesses students regularly, assuring consistency between and among teachers of the same subject matter
- Examines student assessment data and refines classroom activities and rehearsal procedures
- Collaborates closely with other faculty members (departmental, grade-level, and school-wide) to align curriculum across subjects, to improve one’s own and others’ instructional practices, and to share best practices
- Provides students and their families with regular and timely information on classroom activities, rehearsal and performance schedules, as well as student progress; finds ways to involve parents/guardians in their children’s education
- Tracks critical student information and maintains accurate student records, including attendance
- Produces and Directs Lower School Musical Productions
- Participates actively in professional development activities
- Participates actively in the life of the school, including assuming co-curricular and extra-curricular duties as necessary and appropriate
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- Bachelors degree in music (Masters degree preferred)
- Keyboard proficiency
- Expertise in both choral and orchestral music
- At least three years teaching experience preferred, ideally in an independent school setting
- Desire to be part of building the larger school culture and community
- Ability and desire to prepare all students for entrance into an appropriate college or university
- Position Summary
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Seeking Catholic Choir Director/Organist Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania Requirement: ● A Bachelor’s degree in music, applied voice, or special education in this field from a recognized institution with a concentration in sacred music or have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in directing a choir in a church setting and/or equivalent experience, using the full range of liturgical music and be able to work in a military chapel setting. ● Ability to direct choirs and music with approval of the Chaplain or the music coordinator (if applicable). ● Fully capable of playing an Allen Organ Model Q370, three; manual, 58 stop digital organ with 30 speaker cabinets, a MIDI sound module including 256 ancillary and sequencer. ● Personal qualifications shall include the ability to work harmoniously with volunteer worship team member – Click Here For More Information
Faculty Opening- Holy Child School at Rosemont – Middle School Music Teacher
Holy Child School at Rosemont (formerly known as Rosemont School of the Holy Child) is a Catholic, co-educational, independent school (Early Childhood-8th grade) located near the campuses of Villanova University and Rosemont College in the western suburbs of Philadelphia. We strive to Nurture Excellence in a Joyful Catholic Community and seek applicants to help us live that Vision Statement.
We seek to hire a dynamic educator who will teach general music classes to children in grades 4-8. The music teacher also leads and instructs our performing ensembles (handbells, jazz band, and chorus) serves as an accompanist at prayer services and other school liturgies and works closely with the preschool-3rd grade music teacher on school events such as the Christmas Concert and Arts Festival. As a member of the Middle School faculty, the music teacher also serves as an advisor to a small group of Middle School students.
The ideal candidate will:
- Understand and appreciate our mission and philosophy as a Holy Child School
- Be energetic and enthusiastic about teaching and working with children
- Be well-versed in current thinking and best practices of teaching and learning, including the use of technology
- Have at least 3-5 years’ experience teaching in a school
- Value collegiality and be a team player
- Understand and value the importance of communicating consistently and well with parents
- Have earned Orff certification Level I
Interested candidates should forward résumés and cover letter to Tom Lengel, Head of School, Holy Child School at Rosemont at [email protected]
We will begin reviewing resumes immediately, with the expectation that we will have the first round of interviews late April/early May, and the search completed by late May.
Holy Child School at Rosemont is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Marching Percussion Instructor
Delone Catholic High School, McSherrystown, PA, is seeking a marching percussion instructor for the 2016 season. Band camp is July 18-22, 2016 at Penn State Mont Alto. The position also involves semi-weekly practices during the Summer and Fall at the high school. Stipend is negotiable. For more info, contact Brian Yealy at [email protected] or 717-637-5969 x 202.
MUSICAL ASSISTANT DIRECTOR (AD)
Wanted for auditioned 30+ member mixed voice a cappella Chorus rehearsing Wednesday nights in West Chester PA. This role will support the chorus and Director in rehearsals and occasionally conduct performances. AD will also be a singing member of group. Chorus sings 4-8 part arrangements from all musical genres including Jazz, Pop, and show tunes. We are proud of our performances at Carnegie Hall, Philadelphia July 4 celebration, and the Christmas Celebration at the White House and we have “flash mobbed” many weddings from Philadelphia to NYC. Some compensation is available. For more information go to www. acappellapops.com. We look forward to receiving your musical resume which can be sent to [email protected]
Other Teaching jobs in Pennsylvania may be found on the PA School Boards Association Web-Site.