(Updated February 10, 2015)
Welcome to PMEA’s Internet Job Bank. This page contains a listing of jobs of interest to PMEA members. If there is a job in your district, please e-mail an announcement to one of the following addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include contact information and deadlines. Allow a couple of days for updates to appear.
David Weiss, PMEA News Editor
FANNY EDEL FALK LABORATORY SCHOOL
University of Pittsburgh 4060 Allequippa Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15261 www.falkschool.pitt.edu
K-8 Music Teacher
Falk School, a coeducational K-8 laboratory school in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, seeks a full-time, experienced, dynamic Music Teacher, for the next academic year, beginning August 2015.
Salary range is competitive and commensurate with experience. Falk School, which is a department in the School of Education at the University of Pittsburgh, offers excellent benefits.
Candidates should have successful teaching experience in elementary and/or middle school music classrooms. Ideal candidates should have experience designing and implementing curriculum, working with students with varied learning styles and levels of mastery, and maintaining a nurturing student-centered classroom environment. Candidates should have strong oral and written communication skills and be able to develop cooperative relationships with students, parents, faculty, and staff. Experience with Orff, Band Instrumental Lessons, and accompaniment skills a plus.
Elementary music teaching experience or equivalent coursework is required, and a Master’s Degree is preferred. Elementary/Middle school teaching experience is advantageous, as collaboration across disciplines and grade levels is valued at our school. Highly creative work experience in the field of music is an asset.
Materials can be uploaded to: http://www.education.pitt.edu/facultysearch. For full consideration, submit (1) a letter of application, (2) a resume, (3) an educational philosophy that includes ideal classroom experiences in music (4) three letters of recommendation, (5) official transcripts, (6) PA instructional certificate or equivalent. The review of applications will begin on March 18 and continue until the position is filled.
Offer of employment is contingent on candidate satisfactorily obtaining and passing the following prior to commencement of appointment: Pennsylvania Department of Human Services Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Criminal Record Check.
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity. EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled.
Part-Time Middle School General Music Teacher
Germantown Academy, a coeducational PreK-12 independent school with 1,100 students in Fort Washington, PA, seeks a part-time, experienced, dynamic general music teacher to start in August 2015. This is a 10-month position. Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. Please find the job description below.
The general music teacher will teach at least three sections of general music to sixth, seventh, and/or eighth grade students. Depending on the talents and strengths of the successful candidate, there may be other opportunities including: private lesson instruction and/or band, chorus, or string ensemble support.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in music education, music performance, or a related field
- Experience teaching middle school, and a demonstrated desire to work with middle school students
- A diverse range of musical experiences is preferred
Candidates who meet these criteria should send a cover letter, resume, and a list of at least three current references to:
Ms. Rachel Elwood
Human Resources Director
340 Morris Road
PO Box 287
Fort Washington, PA 19034
Part-Time Elementary Music Teacher – York Township
The Dallastown Area School District has an anticipated vacancy for a Part-Time Elementary Music Teacher at the York Township Elementary School to begin with the start of the 2015-16 school year. Hours will be 9:00 a.m. -12:50 p.m., Monday – Friday. Responsible for implementing the district’s music instructional program with students and providing the students with appropriate instruction and a learning environment that will enable each student to master basic music skills. PA teaching certificate, demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others, and acceptable record of attendance are required. Please apply online at www.dallastown.net by clicking on the “Employment” button and then “Current Vacancies”. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply. EOE.
Plans and teaches music, following the scope and sequence for all courses, to K-12 students. Develops student’s academic skills through academic courses of study and implementation District approved curriculum. Documents teaching and student progress, activities, and outcomes. Address specific educational needs of students. Provides a safe and optimal learning environment, and provide feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations and goals. Use of formal and informal classroom and District music assessments. Stays abreast of the latest developments and improvements in education as if affects the music K-12 program. Essential Functions
- Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of supporting teacher’s expectations, developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
- Assesses students for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding students’ progress, expectations and goals.
- Assists other teachers for the purpose of implementing curriculum.
- Collaborates with school personnel, parents and various community agencies for the purpose of improving the quality of student outcomes, developing solutions and planning curriculum.
- Demonstrates methods required to perform assignments and/or skills for the purpose of providing the students with the necessary skills to perform the tasks safely and/or accurately.
- Directs instructional assistants, volunteers and/or student aides for the purpose of providing an effective school program and addressing the needs of individual students.
- Instructs students for the purpose of improving their success in academics through a defined course of study.
- Monitors student activities for the purpose of proving a safe and optimal learning environment.
- Prepares teaching materials and reports for the purpose of implementing lesson plans and providing documentation of teacher and student progress.
- Reports incidents for the purpose of maintaining personal safety of students, proving learning environment and adhering to Education Code, District and/or school policies.
For the Bilingual Specialty
Performs the above mentioned duties
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated knowledge of:
- the principles, practices and methods of music.
- the contents, materials, methodologies and practices utilized in music
- classic and contemporary readings aligned to subject matter.
- authentic performance assessment principles,
Demonstrated ability to:
- Use a personal computer and spreadsheets and word processing software applications.
- select and organize curriculum content and to apply appropriate instructional methods.
- implement assessment tools for effective student evaluations.
- communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- establish effective working relationships.
For the Bilingual Specialty Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- speak English and the appropriate foreign language fluently.
- to read and write English and the appropriate foreign language.
Disclaimer The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Certificates/Licenses
Possession of a valid Commonwealth of Pennsylvania instructional certificate in Music
Other Teaching jobs in Pennsylvania may be found on the PA School Boards Association Web-Site.