Due to the cancellation of the in-person 2020 PMEA All-State Festival, Submittable will be used to hold auditions for seating to determine selection to All-State Band & Wind-Ensemble. The audition material is selected from the music in the student’s folder. Students not interested in a seating placement or the advancement to All-State may choose not to submit an audition. The student or the director can create the account in Submittable under which the application will be submitted.
*Please note that a confirmation email will be sent to the email address on the Submittable account under which the application is submitted.
**Percussion students will submit via the separate percussion specific audition form.
Submittable Audition Links:
1. No identifying clothing may be worn (i.e. no school t-shirts, no name identification, no PMEA, NAfME All Eastern or National shirts). Additionally, please do not include any identifying information in the video file name or in the content of the recording (i.e. your name or school name).
2. The “Window of Opportunity” to Audition will re-open at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, April 15 and will close at end of the day (11:59 p.m.) on Monday, April 20. A confirmation email will be sent to the address used to register with SUBMITTABLE. Please check your SPAM filters for any communications and also check with your IT Administrator if a school email address is used and no email is received.
3. Winds/Brass – submit one video recording for the audition excerpt; label the file with the name of the excerpt. Percussion – submit one video recording for each audition excerpt; label each file with the excerpt name. Students’ hands/body/face must be visible in the video. *As per PMEA audition policies, there can be no use of any device that can be perceived to give aid to a student once the audition process has begun (i.e. no earphone, airpods, etc.)
4. The director is asked to view the file and verify the recorded audition is consistent with the student’s level of performance.
All woodwinds/brass – play the common etude; do NOT take the D.C.
- Percussion – Assigned etude – snare, mallet & timpani
** Tips for recordings in Submittable:
The maximum video size is 4GB – the larger the video, the longer it will take to load
Small rooms with good acoustic qualities will create the best recording
A good microphone and a good piece of recording equipment (high end computer or digital recording device) are the two things that can most improve a recording
For help with Submittable – contact firstname.lastname@example.org