The 2022 NAfME National Conference is the premier national event fostering and facilitating collaboration between music education practitioners, researchers, and program leaders across the spectrum of PreK-12 and higher education. The 2022 conference combines the best of three traditional signature NAfME events: the NAfME Biennial Music Research and Teacher Education Conference, the NAfME National PreK-12 Conference, and the NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles.
The theme of the 2022 NAfME Conference is NAfME is ME! NAfME is Music Education, a vibrant diverse community of music educators. NAfME is ME is the unique, valuable contributions, perspectives, and participation that all NAfME members embody every day at the local, state, and national level.
The 2022 NAfME National Conference Organizing Committee encourages proposals across all components of the conference that:
- Support and advance diversity, equity, inclusion and access (DEIA) at all levels in the field of music education
- Foster interaction and interdisciplinary connections across NAfME’s vibrant network of communities, affiliates, councils, and societies
- Facilitate diverse types of collaboration between music education researchers and PreK-12 practitioners
The following Call for Proposals will close on February 15:
- Call for proposal(s) for the music research and teacher education sessions
- Organized by the Society for Research in Music Education (SRME) and Society for Music Teacher Education (SMTE); each society provides specific guidelines
- Call for proposal(s) for PreK-12 sessions
- Organized by the NAfME Professional Development Committee (PDC)
- Call for proposal(s) for Music Program Leader sessions
- Organized by the NAfME Council of Music Program Leaders