Instrumental students (Concert Band and Orchestra ensembles only) will submit a video audition via Submittable (same online platform as the application process) between March 1 and March 7, 2019. Students choosing not to audition will be placed at the end of the section.
Students playing the following instruments WILL NOT have to submit a seating audition: Piccolo, Eb Clarinet, English Horn, Orchestra Bass Clarinet, Contra Bassoon, Piano, Harp & Percussion
Seating Audition Forms & Materials:
- All-East Concert Band Seating Audition Form
- All-East Concert Band Seating Audition Excerpts
- All-East Orchestra Seating Audition Form
- All-East Orchestra Seating Audition Excerpts
*The student or the director can create the account in Submittable under which the application will be submitted. *Please note that a confirmation email will be sent to the email address on the Submittable account under which the application is submitted.
Seating Audition Instructions:
- No identifying clothing may be worn in the video (i.e. no school t-shirts, no name identification, no PMEA, NAfME All Eastern or National shirts). Additionally, please do not include any identifying information in the video file name or in the content of the recording (i.e. your name or school name) .
- The “Window of Opportunity” to Audition runs from Friday, March 1 until the end of the day (11:59 p.m.) on Thursday, March 7th. A confirmation email will be sent to the address used to register with SUBMITTABLE. Please check your SPAM filters for any communications and also check with your IT Administrator if a school email address is used and no email is received.
- Submit one video recording for each audition excerpt; label the file with the name of the excerpt.
- The director is asked to view the file and verify the recorded audition is consistent with the student’s level of performance. **
Tips for recordings in Submittable:
The maximum video size is 4GB – the larger the video, the longer it will take to load
Small rooms with good acoustic qualities will create the best recording
A good microphone and a good piece of recording equipment (high end computer or digital recording device) are the two things that can most improve a recording
For help with Submittable – contact email@example.com