2019 PMEA/NAfME Eastern Division Conference Information
April 4-7 – Pittsburgh
Innovation, Access, & Insights
Music has always served as an inspiration to connect not just melodies, harmonies, and rhythms, but most importantly, people. The theme of the 2019 NAfME Eastern Division Conference, “Innovation, Access, and Insights”, focuses on how in today’s rapidly changing world, the need for quality music education for all, has never been more vital. Pittsburgh, PA, with its long history of being one of the country’s most industrious cities, and now a cultural center for progress and development, provides the perfect backdrop to showcase how relevant and inclusive music education creates a positive impact on our students and communities.
For conference information including sessions, sponsors, and exhibitors, please visit the 2019 PMEA/NAfME Eastern Division Conference Website.
- Register Online Now!
- 2019 PMEA-NAfME Conference Registration Form
- 2019 PMEA/NAfME Conference Registration Policies
- Pre-Registration Rates (on-site rates will go into effect March 26, 2019):
- Full Active Members – $185
- Collegiate Members – $50
- Retired Members – $30
- Daily Rate (for one day of attendance – Thursday, Friday or Saturday) – $100
**PMEA cannot accept Purchase Orders without payment for any fees.
Urban Site Visit – Pittsburgh City Schools
**Pre-registration and tour option is required with your conference registration if you plan to attend**
- Tour A: Dilworth K-5 Morning Meeting/Obama 6-12 Steel Drums
- Tour B: Allderdice HS, Band/CMU Recording Studio,Hip Hop Project
- Tour C: King K-8, Modern Band & General Music/Allegheny K-5, General Music & Keyboarding
- Tour D: Brashear HS, Music Technology/South Hills MS, General Music & Keyboarding
Hotel Reservation Information
Room blocks have been reserved at the hotels listed below. Please note that all rates do not include taxes (14% per room night)
- Westin (headquarters) – $189/night **Wednesday night’s room block at the Westin has been filled.**
- DoubleTree Pittsburgh Downtown – $179/night – Call 1-800-222-TREE and mention 2019 Eastern Division Conference
- Drury Plaza Hotel – $169/night
- Omni William Penn – $175/night
- Wyndham Grand – $150/night
For exhibitor registration and details, please visit the Exhibitor Information page.
NAfME Eastern Division Composition Program Information
Compositions must not exceed five (5) minutes in duration.
Compositions may be for a solo instrument or voice, or for an ensemble of instruments and/or voices
Each applicant may submit a maximum of two compositions, but each composition requires a separate application and fee.
Students are responsible for providing their own performers. (Eastern Division may assist in recruiting performers, but cannot guarantee a performance.)
Students whose works are selected will be expected to attend the Young Composer Concert and the Young Composer Forum.
Travel, housing, and other expenses are the responsibility of the composer or sponsoring school.
K-12 applicants must have a faculty sponsor who is a member of NAfME.
Collegiate applicants must be NAfME Collegiate members in good standing at time of application and at time of concert.
2019 PMEA/NAfME All-East Honors Ensembles Information