Congratulations to all of the 2014 PMEA All-State Ensemble Participants! For a list of the 2014 PMEA All-State Ensemble participants (by ensemble and school), please see the link below:
PMEA All-State Services Information:
CDs and DVDs:
Mark Custom Recording
Mark J. Morette
10815 Bodine Rd, Clarence, NY 14031
Jim Sevast Photoagraphy
48 Cedarfield Rd., Magnolia, DE 19962
Plaques & T-shirts
*All-State student medals to those who participated in a 2014 PMEA All-State Ensemble have now been mailed out. Directors – please contact the PMEA Office if you do not receive your student’s medal(s) by Wednesday, April 23.
All-East Equalizer Information:
**The Deadline to submit an equalizer audition via ACCEPTD has been extended to Wednesday, April 23 at midnight.
PMEA will be utilizing the online program ACCEPTD for this year’s equalizer auditions (in place of the equalizer audition that typically took place during the All-State reauditions). This equalizer audition is ONLY for PMEA’s use and is separate from the All-East honors ensembles application, which is not yet available and also separate from the NAfME Honors Ensemble application. (see below for All-East & All National Information)
2014 All-State – Equalizer Information for 2014 PMEA All-State underclassmen interested in submitting an application for a 2015 NAfME All-East Honors Ensemble and/or a 2014 NAfME National Honors Ensemble. (Window of Opportunity will close at Midnight on Wednesday, April 23)
- Only underclassman interested in submitting an application for a 2015 Eastern Division Honors Ensemble and/or a 2014 NAfME All-National Honors Ensemble need to complete the equalizer audition via the ACCEPTD program (https://app.getacceptd.com/pmea). (So a student wishing to apply for an All-National Honors Ensemble, but not an All-East ensemble must still complete an equalizer audition.) There is no cost to submit an equalizer audition.
- Students who performed in the All-State Chorus or Jazz ensembles, as well as students who played viola or cello in the 2014 All-State Orchestra DO NOT need to submit an equalizer audition and will only need to submit an Eastern Division Honors Ensemble Application once it becomes available (most likely late April/early May) on the Eastern Division website (http://www.nafme-eastern.org/) and/or an All-National Honors Ensemble application (http://musiced.nafme.org/all-national-honor-ensembles/).
- Piccolo students should submit the Flute equalizer etude; Eb Clarinet students should submit the Bb Clarinet equalizer etude. (String Bass should still submit the String Bass equalizer etude.)
Documents to help with using the ACCEPTD program:
2015 All-Eastern Information – April 9 – 12, 2015 in Providence, Rhode Island
The All-Eastern Honors Ensemble application is not yet available, however will appear on the NAfME Eastern Division Conference website when ready (most likely late April/early May with a mid June application deadline). This will most likely be an online application that will need to be printed out – no video submission is required.
2014 NAfME All-National Honors Ensembles Information – October 26 – 29, Nashville, TN
NAfME is currently accepting applications (via the ACCEPTD program) for the 2014 All-National Honors Ensembles. The deadline to apply is Friday, May 16. For complete information – please visit the NAfME All-National Honors Ensembles Website.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST:
- Be in grade 10, 11 or 12 during the 2014-2015 school year;
- Attend schools in one of the fifty states of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Department of Defense School in Europe or International.
- Students must be accepted to their states 2013-2014 All-State Festival. If no All-State festival is held during the 2013-2014 academic year the following festivals are acceptable: 2012-2013 All-State or Division festival. If your state MEA does not sponsor the All-State Festival, the state MEA will determine which students are eligible to receive an invitation to apply. Please contact Jane Balek (JaneB@nafme.org) for additional information if your state does not sponsor an All-State Festival.
- Be a member of his or her school’s choral, string, or instrumental ensemble corresponding with the ensemble for which application is made.
- Receive endorsement from his or her ensemble director. (*ensemble director must be a current member of NAfME).
Students must prepare 2 minutes of the piece they used for their all-state audition, OR 2 minutes of any piece of music on their state’s approved all-state audition repertoire list. If your state does not publish an approved repertoire list, please choose a selection from standard solo repertoire that would be appropriate for high school festival or a college audition with guidance from your ensemble director (this alternative option applies to Pennsylvania applicants).
*For those students preparing an equalizer audition – this same video audition may be used for your NAfME All-National Honors Ensemble application, provided it meets the 2 minutes time requirement. If an equalizer is not required, please select 2 minutes of any piece that would be appropriate for a high school festival or college audition with guidance from your ensemble director.
After you have submitted your application, you will not be able to access it again. Be sure you have submitted the correct information. Following your submission, your application will be sent to the teacher that has nominated you for a position in the All-National Honor Ensembles where they will provide a recommendation and other personal information.
You will be contacted by NAfME staff in July 2014 regarding an admission decision for each ensemble.